An every day face and body lotion with a light berry scent. 12 oz bottle. Ingredients: Water, Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Emulsifying Wax, Avocado Oil, Ceteryl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Juice, Optiphen (preservative), Fragrance Oil
Great to keep in a purse or drawer, just pop out of the container and apply to skin where needed. includes 5 x 4 oz bars. Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Water, Palm Kernel Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Castor Oil – May contain Ground Oatmeal, Ground Coffee, Peppermint Leaves, Lemon Peel, Baking Soda, Fragrance or Essential Oil
Here in Florida, the outdoor market season is starting to heat up since the weather is finally cooling down! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should get out to your closest local market this weekend:
- Get Healthy, Local Produce– We all know we’re supposed to eat our fruits & veggies, but who wants to eat a flavorless tomato? At outdoor markets, the produce comes from someone’s local farm or garden, so the fruits & veggies are picked at their peak freshness. You’ll get what’s in season and ready-to-eat. That tomato will taste wonderful and have the highest amount of nutrients possible. Usually, you’ll be talking to the farmer who planted, raised and picked it, too!
- Find Great Gift Ideas for Friends & Family– or Get Something Custom-Made! The holiday season is coming up, and it’s so hard to find the perfect gift for every friend or family member. Craft & retail shopkeepers at outdoor markets either make their own products by hand or work directly with artisans who do. If you have a quilt-loving friend, get a one-of-a-kind quilt made. Need that perfect picture for the spare bedroom? Have one done by a talented local photographer. Native Source works with artisans who love special requests and design challenges.
- Unwind From A Busy Week– What’s works better to get over a bad week in the office but going outside, soaking up a little vitamin D, enjoying live music, and watching the world go by? There’s always something interesting happening at the market.
- Free Samples– Have you ever tried a homemade pasta sauce made by an Italian grandmother? Or a hot sauce that makes your tongue tingle for a half-hour, it’s so fresh? Or cheese that is made right in your own town? It’s time to try it all!
- Put Money Back Into Your Local Community– All of the shopkeepers at a local outdoor market are just that- local! They are small business entrepreneurs with great ideas and great ambitions. The purchases that you make at a market go directly back into the community you live in. Every dollar that you spend at a market is making a difference and helping that business to grow!
Native Source will be at the following markets this weekend, so come out and have some fun with us. Look for our tent with the flowery border!
Sat 10/6- Fresh Market @ Shops at Wiregrass, 10a-3p
Sun 10/7- Fresh Market @ Hyde Park Village, 10a-2p
Sat 10/13- Ybor Saturday Morning Market, 9a-3p
Sun 10/14- Seminole Heights Fresh Market, 9a-2p
Also, here’s a great list of markets that you can check out in the Tampa area:
Three Piece Heart Necklace is lightweight and brightly colored- a statement piece that works both night & day. It is handmade in Colombia by IlsaJoy. Each piece is shaped by hand, filled with a resin made in the workshop, and then enameled. Precious stones and metals are pressed in as well. It is approximately 18” long with an easy-to-use side clasp. The necklace boasts three beautiful hearts with colored accent beads.
Mola Handwoven Sling Bag is a fusion of two cultures. The Sinu of Colombia acquire molas (reverse appliqué cloth artwork) made by the Kunas of nearby Panama. The cloth art is then stitched into the woven sling bags, which are handmade from strips of palm leaves by the Sinu. Each bag is a unique weave with a one-of-a-kind design! For specific questions or individual photos, contact us. Bags are approximately 11″W x 12″H with a 42″ strap.
3-in-1 Cana Flecha Cuff Bracelet gives you the look of wearing multiple bracelets without the hassle! Each bracelet is made using a palm leaf, which is dyed with natural colors, cut into strips, and then woven together to create unique designs and patterns. This type of weaving has been passed down through generations of the Sinu indigenous people of Colombia. Weaving helps them to sustain their traditional way of life. For specific questions or individual photos, contact us!
Handmade 4-Turn Spiral Bracelet is fun to wear. The spiral shape shows off each intricate design incorporated in the bracelet. Made with a type of palm that is dyed using natural colors, stripped, then woven together using a braiding technique passed down through generations of the Sinu indigenous people living in Colombia. Weaving helps the minority to sustain their traditional way of life. Each color and design is different, contact us for pictures!
Large Cana Flecha Handmade Cuff Bracelet is woven from palm leaves grown on native lands without fertilizer. The art of weaving cana flecha has been passed down by generations of the Sinu indigenous people of Colombia. The artisan dyes the palm fronds with natural dyes, then cuts each palm frond into small strips so that it can be woven into a unique design.